Sunday, September 16, 2012

The not so dull "Information" a decent read so far

"The information" is oozing information (pun intended). after reading the first few chapters I felt like I was just reading words and it was hard for me to really get into. Soon after that I started paying more attention to what I was actually reading and I became very interested. This book is loaded People I had no prior knowledge about who shaped america and the world really tremendously. 

I wanted to know more about Shannon who is known as the father of the "information age" so I began to do a little research on him. I found one YouTube video which was pretty interesting to watch so I wanted to share.



1 comment:

  1. I think we can all agree that it was difficult to read. The fourth chapter was filled with numbers numbers and more numbers, very mind-boggling. But you're right the book is loaded with information about people who are really important. After googling a lot of the names from the chapters, I realized that even those whom Gleick doesn't focus on too much... had major roles in the advancement of electricity, communication,technology, etc.

    ReplyDelete