Monday, December 3, 2012

New New Media...Chapter 1-5


After reading the first five chapters of this book, only one thought came to mind. What will happen to the future generation? Lucky for me, I grew up in a time when it was hard to find information and so everything was particularly original. Nowadays, Google is nothing but a click away.

We as a culture are now being bombarded with the newest and hottest new media that it only feels right to join. Instagram has taken photos to another level. Don’t get me wrong, I love the application but ANYONE can now be a photographer?


The book stated that if Facebook was a nation it would be ranked number three after India and Asia. That is insane! Facebook is not even 10 years old and is already running nation. Maybe I need to start my own social application.  

1 comment:

  1. I too think I should start my own social application. It seems that there is a new crave for social interaction with family, friends, and friends of friends. As you mentioned there's instagram where anyone can make a photo look vintage or classic. But there's also socialcam in which a person can feel as a videographer because the app can edit the footage and add background music and effects! Its insane! Everyone is into sharing the very thought and very sight! Technology is taking over our lives!

    ReplyDelete